CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

What A Day!

Whew! I'm glad Monday is coming to a close! Long story short, nearly every kid who came in to the library today needed a NAP! My tolerance for whining maxed out at about 1:30 today! Geez! And sometimes, you just gotta wonder where some of these parents come from! For example, I had 2 (yes, two) parents ask me where do they put a cd game into the computer. Really? You don't know? You've never in your entire life seen this done before? But alas, I work for the public so I, very politely, showed them how to put a game into the computer. What I really wanted to tell them was that maybe they should just read a book to their child instead.

On to happier material! I got to come home and have a fabulous salad topped with some of my delicious MogoOrganic veggies. In particular, I loved the cucumber. It took me back to when I was a little girl and we had a garden. Mom always canned pickles so we had lots of cucumbers. I can remember
picking them when they were about 6 to 8 inches long and about as big around as a banana. A simple rub of the hand across the skin to remove the little prickles and dust, and then I would bite into one. Warm and crisp and a little bitter. Yummmmmm.........Somehow, this was the best way to enjoy a cucumber. I did the same thing tonight. My little cuc was far too yummy to be sliced up into a salad. Instead, I savored every crisp, mildly bitter bite. Just look at the yummy
stuff we got last Tuesday. More green beans, red potatoes, blackberries, red onions and carrots rounded out the basket. Can't wait to eat the taters and carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment