CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mogo Goodness

I know that some of you are quite tired of reading about my baskets of produce, but here's another post. I'm doing it mostly so my sister in Georgia can see what I'm getting. And I hope my blog gets a few hits from people looking for MogoOrganic on the internet.



This week I had to have my basket delivered because I was working on Tuesday night. (Thanks, Paula!) I kept peeking in it all evening and smelling all of the wonderful earthy smells. This basket contained a strong, sturdy cucumber, 2 firm tomatoes, a bag of green beans, a bag of edemone (soy beans), parsley, an interesting stalk of broccoli, boiler onions, a hearty, perfectly formed and brilliant green head of cabbage, KOLARABI (love it!!) and garlic.



Yesterday I made the Cucumber and Tomato Salsa recipe that was in my newsletter. We ate it tonight for supper with the homemade pita chips, also a recipe from the newsletter. The kolarabi was enjoyed by me and only me. I will share that with no one. I've been munching my way through the cabbage, one raw wedge at a time. The green beans and soybeans may be eaten tomorrow. I'm afraid of the garlic and the broccoli didn't make it. (A moment of silence, please.)

In other news, I've been making cards again. Made some cute ones to send to my nieces and my nephew (who is going overseas) in California. I wish I could spend more time with them.

Work is going well. I've reformated our library programs and the attendance has improved. Yippee! Today we had 60 come in and out for our Craft Day!! That's AWESOME! That many people in 90 min. is a huge improvement over years past. I'm totally impressed that so many parents/grandparents/babysitters are staying and interacting with their kids. It's just what I wanted to see. It's amazing how much fun can be had without being in front of a screen of some kind!

My friend, Ali, is working her tail off getting ready for the Henry Co. Fair next week. This is her first year as coordinator. If you're local, be sure to stop by and check out all of the projects, livestock and entertainment the fair has to offer. It's FREE! And you can't beat FAIR FOOD! Yum!!! Lemon Shake-Up, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment