CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Cards!!






Yes, Card People, I am still making cards. As you can see, this being my third post of the evening, I'm a little behind!!! Anywho, I give you a congratulations on the baby girl card, a Harley-themed wedding card, and an "anniversary" card for a special friend. (More about the Harley card and the anniversary card in a minute.)







The "April 5th" card is an anniversary card, of sorts. In late March 2010, my friend Tami asked if I'd be up for a card making challenge. The challenge? Send one handmade card a week to one another for one year. That's 52 cards. I mailed my first card on April 5, 2010. To commemorate the passing of a very creative year, I created an "anniversary" card. If you've got a card making friend, I strongly advise you to take on this challenge!! It was sooooo much fun!! We tried all different techniques and even sent the ugly ones and the "this is not the card I had pictured in my head" ones. Try it!! I'd be willing to do it again, if anyone is interested! Just remember, it's a serious committment!!!!



This weekend, my friend Cassie and her new husband, threw themselves a wedding reception with a bit of a Harley theme. They are going on a Harley Honeymoon is a couple of weeks, heading east on their motorcycle. While packing the "Long Distance Ride Survival Kit" gift that I put together for them, my gift bag ripped. No worries, I thought, I'll just pick up another black or orange bag at Walmart. Except that Walmart didn't have either. Not happy with a wrapped box or another colored bag, I headed back to the fabric department. What are the chances of me finding some kind of Harley/motorcycle fabric here, I wondered. Just then the fabric dept. gal rounded the corner with some bolts to put away with THE PERFECT fabric on the top of her stack!! YOWZA!!! Did this do the trick, or what!? I sewed it up, added a drawstring, and stuffed it with all the goodies. I know it's going to be late, but I think it's worth it!





















1 comment:

  1. I'm the lucky one and it was a fabulous challenge! You get to pick the next one!

    ReplyDelete